Pages

Wednesday, April 22, 2015

(Love) Momma Said There’d Be Days Like This…A Devotional: The Fruit of the Spirit!

I am in the process of writing some devotional books. Though that might not sound like fun reading, these will be of a different creature.  My first set are on the Fruit of the Spirit.  Enjoy!


Dedication
To Him, the one who is my forever Hero. The one who is with me until eternity and beyond. The one who made me a mother. The one who his children act just like (snicker).

 Galatians 5:22-23

Common English Bible (CEB)
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,23 gentleness, and self-control. There is no law against things like this.
  • Love                  - God has such a sense of humor when He puts two people together.
  • Joy                    - I am a Mommy!  Now what??
  • Peace               - Ms. Chatty’s first Tuesday at home
  • Patience           - The day from Hades (Titled by my children)
  • Kindness          - Our Holidays in Seattle
  • Goodness        - Oh Goodness! What next?!
  • Faithfulness     - What do you mean I am out of Ipecac?
  • Gentleness      - The Tale of the Shut-up Jar
  • Self-Control     - Mr. Rational is baptized in the Holy Spirit


Names/Characters:
Himself – Hubby
Ms. Bunny – Eldest daughter
Mr. Rational – Son
Ms. Chatty – Youngest daughter
Mr. Countryfied – Stepson
Mr. Motorcycle - Ms. Bunny’s friend
Mr. Kilt – Himself’s best buddy

Copyright © 2015 Christine Osberghaus




But the fruit of the Spirit is …  Love
God has such a sense of humor when He puts two people together.



“You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.”

Dr. Seuss

Himself and I were married after dating for 10 months and a 6 month engagement. One would think we would have known each other better in that amount of time. We are polar opposites in some ways, and totally the same person in others.


Our biggest first challenge was which set of furniture were we going to use. You see we were both closing in on 30 and had been living by ourselves for quite a few years. We were very set into our own routines and ‘stuff.’  (Oh, remind me to explain to you how much Himself loves for me to answer his questions with the word ‘Stuff.’) After much debate, my beautiful green and gold velvet sofa and matching chairs and cherry wood armoire were given to my best friend and we were stuck with his well kept earthen toned bachelor ‘stuff.’ One item that was my nemesis through the years was his solid wood coffee table. I have broken every single one of my toes at least once on that coffee table. It now resides in the garage awaiting Ms. Chatty to claim it when she sets up her own dwelling.  We have gone through about 5+ sofas over the years. Seems Himself and Mr. Rational cannot stop wrestling around the furniture and inevitably one of them is body-slammed onto it.  I would rather buy 100 sofas than to have them not love each other so much and want to spend time with each other to this day.  Now I remind Mr. Rational to please not break Himself. I really don’t care about the sofa.

Himself and I are both Administrator’s by primary gifting. Yes, we both know the correct way to accomplish goals; problem is that the procedures are not the same, though the end result is. We both have no problem directing people; we just don’t listen to each others directing so much. This is when our secondary gifting kicks in. Himself’s is the secondary gifting of Helps, mine is Perceiver. So generally, I get my way. Let me reiterate, generally. I have found out over the years though that Himself lets me win. He is much more stubborn than me, so if he would put his foot down, it would all be his way. That has only happened twice in our 29 year marriage. Neither time am I proud of. I say that because it grieves me that I pushed this awesome hero to the point of having to put his foot down.

We both have learned so much from the other over the years. I think I have learned more from him. He is ever patient. The fact that he has been able to stay with this Sicilian-Irishwoman says it all. To where he is calm, I am a spit-fire. He helps me to cool my jets and look at the whole picture before diving in full force; feet first, eyes wide open. The only way I know to do things. I can tend to be a mighty wind rushing in, and that is not always pleasant, just ask my friends. (Laughter inserted)

Himself and I did agree on the way we were to raise our children. We prayed much, cried lots, apologized frequently and loved even when it hurt. This book will give you a few smatterings of our life with our sweet babies that God entrusted to us to raise for Him.



“Your children are the greatest gift God will give to you, and their souls the heaviest responsibility He will place in your hands. Take time with them; teach them to have faith in God. Be a person in whom they can have faith. When you are old, nothing else you've done will have mattered as much.”
Lisa Wingate





Prayer Time

Father, let me be an example of You to my children. Teach me how to teach and guide them in every step they take. Give us all wisdom. Let our ears always hear the still small voice of the Holy Spirit that resides in us. Call us back when we start to stray from your way. We only want to bring you pride and pleasure.  Amen.


Copyright © 2015 Christine Osberghaus
 

No comments:

Post a Comment