Pages

Monday, August 22, 2011

It's that time of year again....

A week ago, I had all 3 kids home for 6 days together! What a wonderful time it was. All the fun, annoying of each other... teaming up against parents... late night IHOP runs (just the kids). I am so blessed that my kids are still best friends at 24, 22, and 21. Not many families can say that. They love to be together, know what buttons to push for a desired effect (haha) and know how to lift each other in prayer, and are willing to do so at the drop of a hat.

Caleb is back at OSU, progressing in his double major of mechanical and aerospace engineering. It is a 6 year program if you take 17-18 credit hours every semester... who can do that??? He is in year 5.  I do not even recognize the titles of his classes... I did not know that there was a Calculus 5... or what really is the difference between Strength of Materials vs Strength and Dynamics? Aren't you glad I am not an engineer?? You can rest with the knowledge that I have not designed bridges or buildings. haha. Tomorrow his dad is going to Stillwater to help him move into his first solo apartment. He is so excited! I think he has had his fill of roommates. He will either love the quiet.. or hate it. Time will tell. I am so proud of him!

We took Aimee back down to Baylor this weekend for her senior year. She is majoring in International Studies and minor in business. Yes, she will be the one traveling the globe around the Pacific Rim. Oh the plans God has for her life... amazing... just amazing.  Her new apartment is g.o.r.g.e.o.u.s!  She has 4 roommates. They all have their own bedroom and bathroom, and common areas of living, dining, kitchen and laundry areas. It is a huge apartment with granite counters, uptown appliances and wonderful colors! I was impressed. She once again has her Hello Kitty bathroom all set up. Her pictures are hung on the walls this year, and she even has room in the kitchen and fridge once we reorganized. She is going to have a blast this year... many 'last' firsts.  Sic 'em my little Baylor Bear! I am so proud of her!

Rachel is living at home. She is now 24 and is working full time at the Apple Tree, works with her church up in B'ville, has become a big sister for a freshman girl at ORU who recently lost her mother to cancer, and takes classes online, does create a memory and helps with a youth group in her spare time. She is our little blurrrrrr....  She is always on the go! She went to Ecuador for 3 weeks this summer for ministry. She is our missionary. We never know where in South America she is going next. It truly is her calling, and she is obedient to the calling. God has such wonderful plans for her this year... I can feel it in my 'knower'.. ya know what I mean? She is such a blessing to me. I am so proud of her!

So.. Rachel is rarely home.. Caleb and Aimee are back at college.. I used to hate this time of year - But God has shown me that this season of my life is wonderful too, just in a different way.  There's this great handsome best friend that I married almost 25 years ago... it is so fun to just pick up and do things on a whim with him... like when we were first married... Looking forward to another wonderful 25+ years with him too!
I am so blessed. I think God likes me best.

A Muse of the Remnant

No comments:

Post a Comment