Pages

Sunday, February 26, 2012

No, Really Buster... You have to GO

Hi friends!
Seems that we will have the opportunity to repeat the lithotripsy to the right kidney. Buster did break up, and I have been passing the stone debris, but several pieces of Buster did not break up quite small enough to pass even with the stent. I hear that this is a normal thing to have transpire. 


On March 6th I return to Dr. G's for full x-rays to make sure I have passed all the kidney stone debris that I can, then we will set up for the next (and final) lithotripsy! Woo hoo!  I must say that this procedure is much easier to recover from than full blown surgery. For some reason my mind had not wrapped around the fact that I would still be passing 'stones' of various sizes after the procedure. When it started about 3 days later, I almost panicked... then read back up on it all and took a pain pill and let it happen (like I had a choice. hahahaha). I did save a few... kinda like trophies. hahaha.


All of a sudden the next week I felt terrible. I had no energy, could not tolerate solid food and felt like a Mac truck ran over me again. I called in to talk to nurse Lynne to explain how I was feeling, because if this was part of the healing process, I thought 'so be it'. She said to come in immediately for some tests. 


A few days later I received a call to report to the doc immediately.  Somehow, through the past 3 procedures, my body was attacked with a superbug virus that my body just could not fight off by itself.  I then was told to come in for 5 straight days for 2 shots of an antibiotic that is usually used only via IV. But for me, they would dilute it with lidocaine and then give me the shots so that I would not have to have a hep lock and IV all week. Those shots hurt! Thank Goodness for the lidocaine. I cannot even imagine the shots without it. One in each hip each day for 5 days. But it is just one of those things on my road to recovery.  By the second day of shots, I was already able to eat food again.  Today, I am feeling so much better. God is so faithful.


God is faithful - That is, God is true, and constant, and will adhere to his promises. He will not deceive. He will not promise, and then fail to perform; he will not start anything which he will not perfect and finish. 


The process isn't always fun, but the outcome is going to be amazing!


Signed...  A Muse of the Remnant
Christine


No comments:

Post a Comment